Saturday, July 31, 2010

3 Weeks

I guess I should really get back into my old pattern of updating regularly (and having things about which to update?)... there is news though. It finally has a name... your delusions manifest in Hotel Solipcyst. The word comes from solipsism, this desperate idea that only your mind surely exists. The beauty is that this paranoia is not even enough... the whole point of this segment of the story is that memories are as mutable as anything as well. So what can you trust? Oh, and "solipsist" became "solipcyst" by an esemplastic whim -- "cyst" has that excellent parasitic connotation to it. Yeah, I saw Inception recently too -- but I've had these ideas for millenia prior.

In my last three weeks (officially yesterday) before moving, I will produce a trailer to something that isn't quite yet a game, something that won't be finished. I have a vague inkling why a trailer could still change things, but for all purposes, my motivation is the same as ever -- my own enjoyment. As always, I like creating effects, ideas, behaviors -- not necessarily fun ones or those with win conditions.

My goal right now will be excellent if it works how I envision -- basically, think spotlights for mood lighting. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment