Friday, July 9, 2010

Cyclic Graphs, Rejuvenated Lifestyles

I haven't vanished. Today I felt claustrophobic in the Hotel, so I finally filled out two areas. First we have the vending hall...
Followed by the laundry room, with animated washing machines! The phrases floating around are relevant and will eventually be animated and helpful as well. For now, little jokes in Latin are sufficient.
Lastly, we've got the gift shop. I wanted that Earthbound-esque mall look, hence the second floor. A valid use for escalators! Not sure how the 'interact' command will work with things like shelves of items yet... it's no fun to go press the spacebar next to each shelf until you find the clue you need.
So what else has happened, and will happen? A new joy has entered my life in an unexpected way and remains on a distant pedestal for good reasons. This next week, I shall be away from any form of a computer, so sorry, I will be composing ideas only. It's for university, though, so I'm quite happy! I suppose once school starts and I have less time to work specifically on MnemonicRL, I'll tag some posts as UT (UT Austin, that's my home) so I can show off my baby steps in the world of formal Computer Science education. Anyway, I'll be working harder than ever once I get back so I can release something by the summer's end. Await with curled toes!

Oh, and Java. I'm liking it. Sometimes choice is a bad thing -- SDL, Allegro, OpenGL with a 2D perspective matrix...? Swing and AWT just work, and they just work everywhere. I fixed the flickering issue in the detangle-the-strings applet, and I'm about to start on a new idea for a game. More tomorrow, hopefully, before my great journey begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment