Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ahead of Schedule

When have I ever been ahead of schedule?! I've allocated today and tomorrow for simply rehauling the code and getting old things to work again. However, last night I finished separating the bulk of the UI/networking code from the gamestate stuff. During a walk, I also had another thought -- why stop there? In the future, if I write lots of code related to item-handling, why not group it in a file? The Character object is responsible for drop/grab/equip/unequip, and the item is responsible for whatever it does, but it makes sense to have the code in one spot. There's no reason I can't use the same simple action injection trick (fancy wording for "switch to the right package and declare a new subroutine") I am now for the other components.

Anyway, I have to serve the dusty overlords today (I work ^^), but I've got all of the old MnemonicRL content working again... that'd be the playable classes, monsters, and items. Being ahead of schedule perhaps means I will have time to get the single-player game working before the release. So at the front menu, you could change your online character and connect or start a temporary game. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment