Thursday, May 27, 2010

Targeting

Through the magic of non-blocking input loops and POE, targeting works great -- even if the thing you're targeting moves. Pressing capital H, J, K, or L will quickly fire in that direction, since that's often what people intend to do.

So as usual, I'll be busy later, but I'm making a bet with myself... can I find and fix up the old map editor by tonight? The old one got a bit convoluted... messing with the different layers is annoying. New things I want:
  • Easy resize command
  • Menu for opening/saving files
  • A way for players to go play on their map
  • Perhaps -gasp- online editing while they're on the map?
  • A mode to simply freely type in the symbol layer
  • A way to select a chunk of map and make some change to it
Sounds reasonable enough. I have ideas for maps I want to quickly try out; this'd help. For moving obstacles or anything fancy, a BDSM::Agent::Sprite is ideal. If it's movement pattern is periodic (hence pattern), there should be a simple way for a non-me (yes) to specify it. Perhaps letting them control it, recording the movements. Then asking if they want similar timing or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment