Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sixteen Days

Slightly over two weeks after poking at year-old code, I have finished recovering all of MnemonicRL's old functionality. Attacks weren't bad once I had the revelation to standardize networking and graphical patterns. All of them seem to work fine -- do pipe up if one doesn't -- including my favorite, the Alchemist's flood attack. I'm rather worn out, but I just wanted to post to encourage people to go play. It'd be great to have some company.

So what are my next priorities? This is new terrain...
  • Find mappers for static areas or just to make an example of a level so I can randomize it. Gotta clean up the old map editor, make it easier to use.
  • Play with my idea for a hotel dungeon set.
  • Work on monster behavior and decide -- just for starters, to avoid making the turn-based/real-time debate a prerequisite -- how quickly an initial batch of them should move in multiplayer and singleplayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment