Friday, May 21, 2010

The Frustrating Things are... Frustrating

Well, I actually spent most of the day so far fixing the code more, so that makes me happy. Attacks still don't work, but there are fewer and fewer regressions since the peak of MnemonicRL last summer. As promised, I've worked on deployment today as well. I've got the Linux/source version running exactly how I want it. The Windows version is going to be fickle, but I'm pretty much borrowing most of the setup from last summer. That nasty 27MB download and install is pitiable but unavoidable... Cygwin. Pity building Curses.pm on Windows is nigh-impossible, and POE::Wheel::Curses depends on some odd select() wizardry that Windows can't handle. Ah well.

I've decided to publicly announce the re-release tomorrow if I can get Windows built, but with the disclaimer that things are probably still broken. People with high expectations can just stuff it; this is hard work. All the same, I enjoy it, and it is so worthwhile when the first player logs on...

No comments:

Post a Comment