Saturday, June 12, 2010

Deceptive beginnings

Today, I made minor changes to the map editor; fixed the standing wave implementation for wavy paths (thanks to simcop); successfully got a Windows friend running the game; and transformed a perfect maze into a perfect maze... of stovetops! The others are outright banal, so that last one... Yes, yes...

If that's not disorienting, I don't know what is. So once I get the ASCII art right, you'll basically be in a maze of connected stovetops. The hotel has a kitchen, after all. You will chase/herd ingredients towards a destination pot to create different concoctions for guests. Meanwhile, the staff will be pissed.. chefs can pop out of nowhere, spring traps on you. I hope this'll be a good blend between combat and puzzle. If I get the visuals right too, then hey.

I'm going to engage in recreational activities outdoors tomorrow, and this upcoming week I'll be attending a series of lectures and workshops on parallel computing. But I'll see what I can cook up in my spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment