Tuesday, June 1, 2010

To be in a place

What is the difference between looking at a map in its entire glory and actually walking through, playing on the conveyor belt staircases, casting your shadows upon the walls...? See for yourself... the Hotel is now accessible from the left-most staircase in Cyphen. That includes the lobby (needs the chandelier and some color), the overworld (needs color and possibly real-time degradation of the rings as the delusions increase, and the keyboard symbol dungeon.

I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to today, but with my time left tonight, I'm going to sketch some random room designs, try to fix the parent.pm bug that is more present in the Windows releases than I thought, and finally work on the conveyor belt dungeon feature and try to get that integrated in the map editor. You have no idea how tough it is counting coordinates to place these buggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment