Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Spider's Thread of Thought

The map editor now correctly handles conveyor belts... making new ones, deleting them, storing properly in files, moving, resizing... this was rather taxing on my analytical skills, but in the end, the code is well-designed and functioning. I've used it to considerably sharpen up the hotel "overworld," somewhat inspired by Hogwarts' staircases of doom. How's it look?



I've yet to really play with lighting on these new levels. The traditional orb-shaped FOV really doesn't apply. So I'm still pretty awake; my DVI-VGA adaptor hasn't arrived yet, so the novelty of dual monitors isn't there to distract me. I just might update later with a fleshed-out lobby, new floor, or random room design... who knows, maybe all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment