Thursday, June 10, 2010

Quite a bit more than yesterday

Maybe I was just being wicked and saving the good stuff for today. First off, I forgot that I've never posted a picture of the Lock & Key Suite... so here it is with the new auto-generated doors and room numbers:
I promise it really looks like a key, it's hard to capture zoomed-out renderings. More interestingly, each of these doors leads to a randomly generated "guest room dungeon." Two instances:

So right now, it's just some randomly chosen and placed furniture. Boring, I know, but I'm still trying to work out how to make the moving walls into a good puzzle. There will be combat in the guestrooms, but not with traditional monsters. I'm also playing with interactive fiction-style regional descriptions and an interact command.

Next plans are more suites (I really need mappers, pleaase?), coloring in everything to give it atmosphere (oh, and I haven't forgotten about lighting effects either), and the clock. Recall, the same 24 hours loop... I want to wrap a game-time system around my POE timers and configure things so that game-time might slow down/speed up in player-time. Once this and more of the hotel are fleshed out, I can begin implementing guests and their memories... this means actual gameplay at last. Try to control your salivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment