Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reflection on the Self

Two simple updates today. First, a suite that hearkens back to "S lf Hotel," the poem I wrote ages ago that inspired this entire idea. Criminal on the run from thought, you must examine yourself. Introspection in a roguelike, naturally, means an @.



Second, we have the antechamber of the random guestrooms. First, before many of the numerous sliding-wall traps have been activated. And second, after most of them are firing. They'll be hidden much better, as will other traps, but basically you follow a little corridor before you reach the actual guestroom. The rooms won't be all that random; I'm whipping out some ASCII art skills and funky perspective to make them look interesting. I still wanted a random component, thus antechambers. 


So, progress. I have ambitious plans for tomorrow as usual, and I will deliver what I can. Few new ideas crept in for guests and their stories today, but I really feel like I need a sprawling hotel with tons and tons of floors before I can implement these guys. Plus, some of my work tomorrow will be working on an interact command and textual descriptions of regions all interactive fiction-style. Things're coming together. I smell a trailer once this "episode" is playable.

No comments:

Post a Comment