Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Places

After a haze of Bioshock, reading, and sketching, I've regained some momentum. Lots of new ideas for hotel layout, slowly being converted to ASCII. Also a more logical graph of the layout:
Once more of these places are set up, I'll get started on the Hotel's first special guest... he should be a familiar one. Guests follow a scheduled path, so how should they react to collisions? How definite should their path be? I'm voting waypoints, to allow them to sidestep players. Well, not quite waypoints, but connected-regions. Ah, this brings me back to the good old days of science projects... I can't wait to return to pathfinding. Anyway, your task is to interrupt their schedule with relevant diversions. Hopefully there should be several different sub-activities to that part...

  • combat
  • conversation, followed by hunt-down-clues
  • ESM tracing at night for more clues
  • kitchen minigame to upset their stomach
  • snake minigame to help sort their thought-stream

I also separated the MnemonicRL content and hotel content a bit more strictly. The server running now only has MRL stuff, although I could make it run in Hotel-mode just as easily. This first chunk of the game doesn't involve Cyphen quite so immediately, so it's better for me to encapsulate my thoughts strictly within the Hotel. Well, off to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment